Greenlight Health Terms
Effective Date: February 05, 2020
At Greenlight Health, we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting your privacy. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using the Greenlight Health Plus service. We would like to share with you information on our privacy practices and other privacy aspects of Greenlight Health Plus. Specifically, we address:
- To what products or services does this Privacy Statement apply?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When do we share your information?
- Can I opt-out of receiving future communications?
- How do I update my contact information?
- Will I be notified of changes to your privacy practices?
- Who can I contact with a privacy question?
1. To what products or services does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement defines privacy aspects specific to the online services available to patients through our Greenlight Health Plus service. Throughout this Privacy Statement, we refer to information that personally identifies you as "personal information."
2. How do we protect your personal information?
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, alteration or destruction by maintaining appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative security standards and procedures to safeguard our data systems. For example, when you transmit personal information to us, such as your logon credentials for third-party websites, it is protected by:
- A secure Internet connection using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Encryption during transmission to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Use of a unique user name and password for each user.
We also educate our employees on the importance of our privacy and security policies, and we require that they comply with those policies. Tell me more about Greenlight Health's security practices. More on security.
3. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you use the Greenlight Health Plus service, we collect the following types of information:
- Contact Information. When you register for the Greenlight Health Plus service, we ask for your contact information, such as your email address. We use this information in the event we need to contact you about your Greenlight Health Plus services.
If you request customer or technical support, we may use your contact information to elicit your feedback regarding your support experience.
- Logon Credentials. When you open a Greenlight Health Plus account with Greenlight Health, we set up a unique user name and password on your behalf so that you can control access to your account. You may change your password through the forgot password flow in Greenlight Health Plus. Additionally, if you elect to use Greenlight Health Plus’s ability to access your personal accounts with third-party insurance company, finance and healthcare-related Web sites or applications (the "Third-Party Sites"), then we will collect your logon credentials for the applicable Third-Party Sites, including the iOS Health app.
- Health Care and Other Information. In order to offer you the Greenlight Health Plus service, we obtain your permission to act as your agent to access your own health information, as well as your own insurance, financial and other healthcare-related information from Third-Party Sites. In order to provide this service, we maintain a copy of health information, originally obtained either directly from you or from your provider and use that information to provide you the service and communicate with you about products and services we feel may interest you. Though your provider may separately have his or her copy of your health records, your Greenlight Health Plus copy is your information, under your control. Additionally, if you elect to have Greenlight Health Plus access your personal accounts with Third-Party Sites, we will obtain your insurance, financial and other healthcare-related information from the Third-Party Sites. This Privacy Statement applies to our handling of this information.
If you wish to cancel your Greenlight Health Plus services, you may request to do so by emailing email@example.com. When you request that we close your account, we will remove access to your personal information. Since your provider may also have a copy of or rights to all or some of your personal health information, that information may still be accessible by that provider. Similarly, your personal information relating to your insurance, finances and other healthcare-related information may still be accessible by the Third-Party Sites from whom such information was originally obtained.
- Anonymous and Technical Information. We use anonymous, aggregate statistical information to help improve our services to you. For example, we review what features are used the most frequently in Greenlight Health Plus, how many total customers may be viewing their information or what types of data are most commonly entered. Statistics like these help us to understand how our services are being used, what user trends may be and how to improve our service in future versions. This anonymous, aggregate information also assists us with troubleshooting and technical support.
- Business and Account Behavior Information. We may use information, including your health care information and your activities within your Greenlight Health Plus account, to display information within the Greenlight Health Plus tool about products and services we feel may interest you. By using the Greenlight Health Plus tool, you accept these in-product messages.
- Other Information Sources. We may use publicly available sources outside of Greenlight Health Plus to verify or supplement the information you give us. For example, we may obtain address updates from the U.S. Postal Service or demographic information from direct marketing companies. We use this data to help us maintain accurate records and to improve the products and services that we deliver to you.
- Children. Greenlight Health Plus is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or receive any information from children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe that he/she has used Greenlight Health Plus and provided us with personal information, please contact us as described below so that we may delete that information.
- Former Users. If you are a former user of the Greenlight Health Plus services, we protect your information in the same manner that we treat information about our current users.
4. When and with whom do we share your information?
We understand that you are entrusting us with your personal information. That's why we don't sell, rent, or share any of the personal information you provide to us with companies outside of Greenlight Health for their own promotional or marketing use without your explicit, affirmative consent. There are occasions, however, where we must share your information to provide you with the Greenlight Health Plus services you requested or as required by law. Descriptions of when we share and with whom we may share your information are provided below.
- With your health care providers. As the Greenlight Health Plus service’s functionality continues to be developed, we expect to develop and offer you the ability to export your information from the Greenlight Health Plus service to one or more of your health care providers at your request.
- With service providers. In some cases, we use third party service providers to provide a product you order, to fulfill a service you request, or to market one of our products or services. These service providers act on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to provide customer support or to host Greenlight Health Plus. Service providers who host web pages and collect information on our behalf are strictly prohibited from using your information for their own purposes and must comply with Greenlight Health privacy and security policies and the practices outlined in this Privacy Statement and our Business Associate Agreement with the Service Provider. Our contracts restrict service providers to use the personal information we disclose to them only to provide you the service you have requested.
- With partners. We have limited relationships with third parties, such as health insurance companies or employers, as well as application providers, to offer you products or services that we believe you may find beneficial. Some of these are "co-branded" products or services. We clearly identify third party services, applications and sites, so you will know who is receiving your information. When you request or use any of these third party products or services, such as the iOS Health app, you are permitting us to provide your personal information to the third party to fulfill your request or provide the product or service.
- With third parties on an aggregated, anonymous basis. We may share or sell anonymous, aggregate statistical information with third parties. Aggregate information means that your anonymous information is combined with similar anonymous information from other users such that it no longer reflects or can be used to identify an individual user. Such non-personal, aggregate information does not include any information that identifies an individual or that can be linked to a person's identity.
- Links to partner/third party sites. We may also offer links to partner or other third party Web sites. We do not control the privacy or security practices used on these sites. Before you provide your personal information to these third parties, we recommend that you review their privacy policies to learn more about how they may use your information.
- Within Greenlight Health, including our subsidiaries. We may share your contact information (name, address, phone number, email address), and the types of Greenlight Health products and services that you have used, among Greenlight Health and our subsidiaries (companies that are part of our corporate family through ownership or control) to provide you with a service or product you have requested. Unless you have asked us not to contact you, we may occasionally use your contact information to update you about new products we believe may interest you. Greenlight Health does not share personal information with subsidiaries.
- Sale of a Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will have the opportunity to ask not to receive promotional information following any change of control.
- For Legal Reasons. In some cases, we may be required to disclose certain information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant or law enforcement request), or as otherwise permitted by law in order to comply with legal requirements.
5. Can I opt out of receiving future communications?
If you have subscribed to email notifications, alerts, or newsletters you can cancel your subscription by following the instructions provided in each email. As part of the Greenlight Health Plus service offering, we use your information to provide you service and may also communicate with you about products and services we think may interest you. You can opt out of these marketing communications by updating your Greenlight Health Plus profile or emailing support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive business communications or critical notices about your service.
6. How do I update my contact information?
You can update or correct your Greenlight Health Plus account information by using applicable features in the Greenlight Health Plus service by updating your Greenlight Health Plus profile or emailing support at email@example.com
7. Will I be notified of changes to your privacy practices?
If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update this Privacy Statement.
8. Who can I contact with a privacy question?
If you have privacy-related questions that are not addressed here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Privacy Team, Greenlight Health Data Solutions, Inc., 1001 Winstead Drive, Suite 520, Cary NC 27513.
Tell Me More about Greenlight Health’s Security Practices
We protect personal information stored on our servers from unauthorized access using reasonable safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information and, using physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, we restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
To protect the information that you store on your personal computer system, we recommend installation of a personal firewall and anti-virus software. The FTC’s OnGuard Online Website has information on computer security and tips on safeguarding personal information that you may find useful.
Tell Me More about Greenlight Health’s Web Technologies
Like many Web sites, we use a variety of technologies to manage our sites. Among these are cookies, which are pieces of information that our Web sites provide to your browser. Cookies allow us to track overall site usage and determine areas users prefer. Cookies also allow us to customize your visit to Greenlight Health Plus by recognizing you when you return. If you choose to decline cookies while at Greenlight Health Plus, you may not be able to access certain areas of Greenlight Health Plus. Most browsers accept and maintain cookies by default. You can check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preference or, if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you can visit their Web sites for additional information about cookies.
When we track activity on Greenlight Health Plus or other Greenlight Health Web sites, we collect information such as your IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our site and any links you click on to leave our site. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once your leave our sites. We use your Web site activity to assist you by reducing the need to re-enter your data and to help us resolve technical support issues. We may also use this information to offer you a personalized Web experience and to tailor our offerings to you. Remember, you control whether you receive Greenlight Health promotional materials.
We may access and set cookies using Web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs which are invisible graphical images. These Web beacons tell us useful information regarding Greenlight Health Plus, such as which pages users access. When we send you emails, we may include a single-pixel GIF to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you.
We use single-pixels, or transparent GIF files, and cookies to help manage our online advertising. These cookies and GIF files are provided on our behalf by our ad-serving service providers and enable us to learn which links bring users to our Greenlight Health Plus. Limited demographic and transactional information such as IP address, country, order id, and purchase amount, is transmitted back to our ad-serving service providers when you use Greenlight Health Plus. This information is anonymous and does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. This information is used only in the aggregate to evaluate which links users find most helpful in reaching Greenlight Health Plus.
Advertising networks that serve ads on our Web sites may assign a different cookie to you. The information collected is anonymous and is not linked to your personal information. These cookies may be used to select which ads you see and determine the effectiveness of this advertising. You may choose to decline cookies from third-party ad servers, which Greenlight Health does not control. If you would like to know more about this practice and your choices about not having this information used by third-party ad servers, please click here.
Support and Feedback. When contacting us for assistance or submitting feedback to us about Greenlight Health services, we may collectinformation about the product you are using, the help screen you are on, browser version and operating system. This information helps us to better understand your issue or suggestion.
United States. Please note that the services available through Greenlight Health Plus are intended for the exclusive use of residents in the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather personal information from individuals residing outside of the United States. Greenlight Health Plus IS DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES ONLY. Nothing on Greenlight Health Plus should be considered a solicitation or promotion of any product or any indication for any product that is not permitted by the laws or regulations of the country where the Greenlight Health Plus user resides.